Do you know a high school senior interested in studying architecture, landscape architecture, planning and/or interior design? They may be eligible to apply for the 2018 Thompson Foundation Scholarship.
Scholarship winners are selected based on scholastic achievement, financial need, good character, leadership qualities, community involvement and personal development. The annual $1,000 scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
• High school senior in public, private or home school
• Resident of Mobile or Baldwin County, Alabama; Madison or Rankin County, Mississippi or Moss Point, Mississippi; Hamilton, Bradley or Rhea County, Tennessee
• Accepted at an accredited four-year university
• Declared major in engineering, architecture, science, or other technical field of service employed by Thompson Engineering, Watermark Design Group or Thompson Consulting Services
• Minimum high school grade average of “B” (or 3.0 on 4.0-point scale)
• Minimum ACT score of 21
The Thompson Foundation scholarship is administered by the Community Foundation of South Alabama. Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit application materials at the Community Foundation of South Alabama website. The deadline to apply is March 22, 2018. The scholarship recipient will be notified in writing no later than July 2018.